Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Comment Caper!

Visits to Hot Flashbacks, Cool Insights have been up 40 percent in the past month!


Thank you, readers, both tried-and-true as well as newcomers. To my new readers, welcome! I love reading the blog stats each night and finding out the many cities, states, and countries that make up our eclectic audience of Cool Insighters.

While visits are up, comments are down. I love an interactive blog, so I’m hosting a spring drawing to encourage more of you to “talk amongst yourselves.” Each time you do, I’ll put your name into a hat. The more you comment, the better chance you have to win!

The drawing period will run from Spring Equinox (March 20) through Earth Day (April 22). On the April 23, I’ll draw the lucky name. You’ll receive an autographed copy of the mystery short-story collection written by the authors in my local Sisters in Crime Chapter. It’s called Capital Crimes: 15 Tales by Sacramento Area Authors. My story, “Digital,” provides the comic relief. Questions? E-mail me at hotflashbacks@gmail.com. Meanwhile, let’s spring back with more Hot/Cool conversations!


5 comments:

Pop Art Diva Enterprises said...

Okay, I can use some good reading! Count me in!

But remember - just because comments aren't being posted that doesn't mean your posts aren't being read! Only a small percentage of people actually take the time to comment!

But your Comment Caper is a great idea and I might just steal it from you!! Have you thought about participating in memes relevant to your blog or (better yet!) creating one???

Joyce Mason said...

Hi, Pop Art! Since Brat in the Hat is one of your blog personnas, the Brat is now in the Hat, LOL! Thanks for the great article on commenting, and feel free to use the comment caper concept. That's what I love about Google Analytics. Even when Comments are low, I can see the volume of traffic. Delighted it's been but way up, but I still enjoy the interaction. Here's hoping the Spring Caper amounts to a Comment Stimulus Package. :)

As I get practiced participating in your Saturday Soapbox meme, you never know. I may just get brave enough to meme on my own. Hot Flashbacks is all about living life with "memeing." Stop me before I pun again.

Anonymous said...

First off, CONGRATULATIONS!!! You must be thrilled to have your stats zoom into the stratosphere! However, that's no surprise to me because your posts are always fascinating and informative.
I like the idea of a contest and have my fingers crossed. You go, Ms. Flashback!

Joyce Mason said...

Thanks, Eileen! I hope my stats are headed for the stratosphere, anyway! It has been a slow but sure climb, and this has been a nice boost compared to the dip my stats took early in the year. (I hear that's rather typical after the holidays.) Meanwhile, I appreciate your loyal and regular comments. You are in "the hat," but I know you'd comment whether or not we're having a little contest here. I appreciate you!

Michelle said...

Thanks for the link, Joyce. What a fun idea.

Brat in the Hat? Not a porkbrat I hope! ;-)

I am going to have such weird dreams tonight...